Welcome to the latest official patch notes for Ring of Elysium’s Early Access phase. After the update, the Adventurer Season Two will officially start. The highly-anticipated new map- Europa Island will also be released! Let's dive in and take a look at the full details!
Ring of Elysium’s live servers will go down for maintenance for approximately three hours at:
January 15th, 23:00 to January 16th, 02:00, Pacific Standard Time (UTC -8)
January 16th, 07:00 to 10:00 Greenwich Mean Time (UTC +0)
[Blocked Image: https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.ne…6e7bbcb80aa98278cd623.png]
New map- Europa Island
- Map background introduction:
- Located in the heart of the ocean, Europa is surrounded by the sea and has a magnificent coastline, rich vegetation and a warm climate, an incredible holiday destination. However, Alecto, a volcano nearby who had been quiet for tens of thousands of years, was suddenly awaken. The intense activity of the volcano makes the entire sea tremble. Now, the paradise island is about to become a hell on earth. Can the tourists escape from it before it gets devoured by the raging lava?
- Various distinctive locations including: Ocean Park, St. Gabriel Cathedral, Seafood Market, Marius Observatory, Sidon Castle, Underwater World, etc.
- The natural disaster on this map is volcanic ash generated by volcanic eruption, dynamically covering various areas
- Implemented the dynamic weather system with a variety of different weathers, including: sunny, light rain, moderate rain, heavy rain, thunderstorms, cloudy, windy, foggy, typhoons, etc. Dynamically changing during a single game round.
- 3 types of ability packs including: Glider(Europa), BMX bike, and Grappling hook
- Added 6 new types of vehicles: Tuk-tuk, roadster, police car, sightseeing submarine, dinghy, and speedboat
- Added 2 LMGs (light machine guns): the MG4 (airdrop only), and the PKM
- Adjusted some vehicles' color or appearances
Adventurer Pass Season Two
- The Adventurer Pass is a 10-week seasonal event system, a way for players to earn exclusive in-game rewards by playing the game and leveling up their seasonal Adventurer Tiers. As players’ Adventurer Tier increases, different kinds of cool rewards will be unlocked, including:
- Adventurer Characters (which does not affect game balance)
- There will be three Adventurer Characters this season. All three characters have a variety of unlockable styles(outfits), they will gradually unlock as the player's Adventurer Tier increases, here’s a preview for the three base Adventurer Characters:
[Blocked Image: https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.ne…f7ba9467c6a3f7c4301b6.jpg]
[Blocked Image: https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.ne…f2600848e93200b1887b0.jpg]
[Blocked Image: https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.ne…12dac57cd3d2890223751.jpg]
- Player portraits
- Glider(Europa) appearances
- BMX bike appearances
- Grappling hook appearances
- Lobby background music
- Loading screens
- And more!
- The Adventurer Pass is separated into two parts:
- The first part being the Free Pass, all players can obtain rewards by increasing their Adventurer Tiers without any sort of payment
- The second part is the Adventurer Pass, which is available for purchase for 950 E-Points, a premium in-game currency obtained with real-world money via Steam payment (1000 E-Points is equivalent to $9.99 USD)
- Players will immediately get a handful of rewards upon purchasing the Adventurer Pass based on their Adventurer Tier, including two base Adventurer Characters: Phantom- Sylvia and Sergeant- Bradley! Players will also get access to exclusive Adventurer weekly challenges, etc.
- In addition, players don't have to purchase the Adventurer Pass right away for the fear of missing out, players can buy the Adventurer Pass at any time during the season and retroactively earn the premium rewards based on the season tier that they have already reached!
- As you play, players can level up their seasonal character levels by accumulating experience points in-game, each character level will reward a certain amount of Adventurer Badge(s). Completing daily and weekly challenges will also reward Adventurer Badges accordingly, 10 Adventurer Badges will increase players’ Adventurer Tier by one, unlocking a variety of rewards
- As always, none of the rewards in the Adventurer Pass affects game balance and all unlocked rewards stays forever!
- Weekly Challenge Missions will provide a large quantity of Adventurer Badges and character experience points to help players increase their character levels and Adventurer Tiers. The Season Two will provide 10 set of Weekly challenge missions, the first eight weeks' challenge missions will provide a large quantity of Adventurer Badges. The last two weeks' challenge missions will provide a large amount of character experience points. As the season progresses, one set of weekly challenge missions will be unlocked every week, and the already unlocked weekly missions can be completed at any time throughout the season
Leaderboard and statistics reset
- With the launch of the new season, we will reset the leaderboard; all players' ratings and their personal statistics record. In the future, we will continue to reset players' ratings and personal statistics with the launch of every new season.
From Dusk Till Dawn (Night mode)
- The From Dusk Till Dawn gamemode will be temporarily closed after this update
- Since the gamemode's official launch on December 22, 2018, we have received lots of feedback from many enthusiastic players. We will continue to polish this gamemode and improve its quality in all aspects. Stay tuned for the [From Dusk Till Dawn- Round Two]!
Map- Mt. Dione
- The Mt. Dione map will be changed to a limited-time-only event mode after this update
- Available every day at: 4:00-6:00, 12:00-14:00, 20:00-22:00, Pacific Standard Time
- 12:00-14:00, 20:00-22:00, 4:00-6:00, Greenwich Mean Time
- During the available time period, this event mode will only support Squads matchmaking
Battle Buddy- Season Two Update
- To celebrate the launch of Adventurer Season Two, and to allow players to earn more exclusive rewards with friends, we have fully updated the rewards of the Battle Buddy invitation system
- After the end of Adventurer Season One, we will reset all players' Battle Buddy list and Battle Buddy relationships. Players are welcomed to continue recruiting new Battle Buddies in the Season Two to join your adventures in Ring of Elysium!
- Optimized the shooting animation in ADS for the following weapons in order to make the recoil visual performance more dynamic: M4A1, AK-47, LVOA-C, GROZA, FAMAS, G28, MK12 (Please note that the recoil pattern remains unchanged, this is only a visual effect optimization)
- Added a real-time 3D lobby presentation
Thanks for playing,
ROE DEV Team