We’re deploying an emergency hotfix aiming to take core of some of the critical issues that have arisen after Update 41. In particular, these fixes should address the problem with “lost characters” some players have experienced after playing with the new update. We have implemented measures to prevent this from happening again, and we have added a system to merge the old character with any profile that lost access to it even if those who got affected by it proceeded with the creation of a new character.
We have also addressed a number of crashing issues related to Windows 7, connectivity and logs, as well as optimized some settings to mitigate some of the stuttering problems reported by some players.
With this hotfix, we have also ironed out some remaining issues with the server browser, such as servers with "???" ping (they will now just show it temporarily while they're getting pinged) or listings that would cause a connection failure.
We would like to apologize for the frustration these issues have caused, and we would like to thank profusely all of you who helped us track down these issues by sending feedback and helping us test out some of these fixes.
Thanks for all the support, and stay safe.
Please remember that updates can mess with your installed mods. We suggest taking a backup of your current database before updating to any new patch if you have mods installed.
[Blocked Image: https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.ne…b2c69031b2bafc4ecdc57.png]
[Blocked Image: https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.ne…20198de79ea8d6b1e1278.png]
- Fixed a number stuttering issues.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when starting the game without internet connection.
- Fixed a crash related to a log file.
- Fixed a number of Windows 7 game crashes.
- Optimized telemetry rates.
[Blocked Image: https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.ne…ebb58fa554226cdff7a05.png]
- Fixed an issue where some players would be forced to recreate their character despite having one in that server. This should restore access to the old character for those who lost access to it, but access to the new duplicate is no longer possible.
- Fixed a number of issues resulting in the server browser not showing correct information or that would prevent correct access to a server. Servers might still momentarily show "???" latency while they're being pinged, but it will update as soon as the process ends.