[Blocked Image: http://cdn.edgecast.steamstati…4c9346dad290c9a125561.jpg]Display More
Shake the sand from your boots and grab your fur coat: you can now travel north! With this update, we are introducing an entire new region for you to discover and enjoy, making the game bigger and better than before.
Check out the Frozen North launch trailer and our Dev Blog Here[blog.conanexiles.com].https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c1gTnxVDgI
This frosty biome comes with new types of weather such as rain and snow if you want to escape the scorching sun and sandstorms. Beware, however, that with our newly implemented temperature system, you will need to be prepared for both! Be sure you have ample heavy clothing to warm yourself in the mountains, and light clothing in the desert. We have over 20 new dye colors as well, so you can travel in stlye or sport your clan's colors.
Along with armor, you will also need to be well armed. Be on the lookout for new types of weapons and weapon materials like star metal. A new region means new monsters and wildlife including wolves, bears, frost giants, mammoths, and many more!
Further protect yourself from the elements and dangers by building your shelter with new resources such as black ice. Take note that the type of matieral you use is important for which environment you're building in! Building has been made easier by learning building pieces in tiers, rather than individually. After completing your structure, you can select new furniture and items to decorate your home with such as ice boxes, stoves, and other machines to help you survive. Outdoors, you can place beehives and fishing traps to gain honey and oil.
If you're in need of more supplies or looking for more action, you can enter the newest dungeons like the Abandoned Keep; make sure you are prepared for what awaits you at the end. This update also includes the new avatar, Ymir: Lord of Storm and War. Take control and decimate villiages and forts with his mighty battle-axe! We don't want to spoil everything there is to see in this update, so bundle up and head on out!
Important Patch Notes
- If you are an admin you can use CTRL- RMB on the map screen to teleport to that location
- Fixed an instance where placing doors or elevators was impossible.
- Fixed a problem with thrall placement and intersection with wall
- Grass/foliage is no longer missing in certain areas
- Thralls are no longer invisible while on a station
- Non-guild members can now interact with chairs and benches
- You can no longer prevent fall damage when logging out.
- Dancer thralls no longer show as "bad entry" when picked up.
- Raised shields now correctly prevent damage from NPCs.
- Consumables now display spoil times
- Fixed an instance where crashing occurs when taking a thrall out of a station
- Adjusted spider ranged attacks
- Adjusted spider respawn rates
- T3 Set temple base now stays the same size as a T2 to prevent space issues
- Fixed an instance where T3 Mitra Altars were floating above ground
- Known locations of floating rocks have been fixed. BUT: if anyone notices any others please let us know the location!
- Machines now correctly stop using fuel when the last object is crafted.
- You can no longer loot things that should not have loot.
- Fixed instances where thralls have missing armor/limbs.
- You now gain XP from repairing
- Radius of claimed land has been reduced.
- Adjusted decay rate for T1 buildings
- Fixed an issue with looting containers on official Blitz servers.
- Adjusted sounds of footsteps and impacts
- Hand torch now has sound
- Adjusted collision with Mitra fountain statue
- Fixed cases where UI didn't disappear when in vanity mode
- Fixed instance where some food would not decay
- Filled in inescapable hole in The Black Keep
- Some cases where NPCs would spawn underwater has been updated
- Placeables no longer stick to your mouse when there is no more of that type to be placed.
- Losing connection to a server now kicks you back to the main menu
- Humanoid NPC difficulty level has been adjusted
- Bindings now correctly showon Thrall feet
- Adjusted loot and items from drops
- Crosshair aim for the bow is no longer offset
In addition to these patch notes, we have over 2,000 changes made to the game, many to do with the new expansion. We aren't able to list each and every one of them out, but these should make for a better playing experience.
- While building the building piece brush can snap to a building at an inverted rotation from what is intended. Snapping to another location will fix this for now. This will be fixed in the next patch
- Investigating issues with being able to remove the crude wooden bowls when placed.
- Some thralls have crafting station bonuses that are too small to be interesting. This will be changed and updated during the upcoming thrall revamp.
- When you log in to the game, there are cases where you may have missing body pieces or hair, reequipping your armor pieces should fix this
- While building, the building piece brush can stay at the location you just placed a building piece.
- If you pick Ymir as your god in character creation, the Ymir T1 feat is not unlocked. This will be fixed in the first patch
- Thralls will attack any knocked NPCs who you are dragging back to base. This will be fixed in the first patch. Workaround: Put your thralls into containers or far away when capturing new NPCs
- The new machines (Fluid Press etc) display the old diagram for camp fire. We are working on a fix
- Inside of new T2 buildings (Insulated wooden wall) has a flickering texture problem. We are currently investigating a fix.
- Inside of new T3 building (black ice-reinforced wall) has a flickering texture problem. We are currently investigating a fix.
- If you climb or sprint after fighting using the new weapons (star metal, black ice, cimmerian hardened steel), you may stop dealing damage. Workaround is to unequip and reequip the weapons after climbing/sprinting to deal damage again. We are working on a fix.
- Some types of undead in the new biome may deal incorrect damage. We are working on a fix.