IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING MODSPlease remember that updates can mess with your installed mods. We suggest taking a backup of your current database before updating to any new patch if you have mods installed.
For more up to date information regarding mods and Devkit releases, you can join the community-run Conan Exiles Modding Discord server[discord.gg].
We recently announced, not so long ago, that we would bring improvements to the Isle of Siptah[http://www.conanexiles.com] based on your feedback during this early access period. In 2.3, we are introducing most of these changes along with a new batch of fixes and improvements to the core game, including some oft-requested features!
We heard your feedback loud and clear, and we have worked hard to improve the Isle of Siptah experience. We have peppered the island with brand-new NPC camps, from major faction camps, to small outposts as well as new points of interest to make exploration a new journey. Within these camps we have also introduced new activities to make each of your trips a repeatable experience. For instance, you can now rescue caged prisoners to add them to your ranks! Or you can loot the corpses of scouts carrying valuable information someone is willing to pay a hefty price for! All this and more can be found within the new camps and points of interest introduced in 2.3! (Note: these changes will modify the landscape of Siptah. To see how this affects your current buildings please check our blog post[http://www.conanexiles.com]).
[Blocked Image: https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steamcommunity/public/images/clans/25298994/fd627fa115ddaa7058a8c56da0ffebad2e711dfd.png]
We are also revising the existing features of Isle of Siptah to make them more appealing and rewarding, such as Vaults, which have been revamped into level 60 dungeon romps with new enemies and loot! Or the Storm, which no longer destroys your buildings within, but is now also housing one of the new factions. And Surges have received a facelift as well. On top of that, we are substituting the Wild Surge mechanic for the Purge, which will now challenge your defenses as in the Exiled Lands as well as be a valuable source of thralls and fragments of power. These fragments of power will also let you explore the interior of the tower of Siptah!
And as with any major update, we are also introducing a bevy of new features, fixes and improvements to the core experience for the game. For the first time on PC, we are adding an official single-player offline mode which will allow you to play the game during those times where being online isn’t an option. We are also introducing new moves to your combat abilities, with the sprint attacks. And we’re now letting you choose the following distance of your active follower from the radial menu, which you have been requesting for a while!
We can’t wait to let you get your hands on this new update, one of the more ambitious we’ve released for Conan Exiles to date. It has been made even better thanks to your testing, feedback and support during the Testlive period of this update.
Thank you for your continued support, and stay safe!
[Blocked Image: https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steamcommunity/public/images/clans/25298994/58696926e8f6c287a844de9add296096778eb538.png]
New Points of Interest and NPC camps with new activities in the Isle of Siptah!
[Blocked Image: https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steamcommunity/public/images/clans/25298994/d4e232364bdf8b75b2ef4604e65fbea07e2fcecc.jpg]
Spread between three new factions (Stygian Mercenaries, Black Corsairs and the Accursed), a myriad of new NPC camps have been springing up around the Isle of Siptah. Within these camps you can engage in new activities, such as liberating captive thralls to join your ranks, pray in altars for powerful buffs, as well as new vendors and surprises for you to discover!
(Note: these changes will modify the landscape of Siptah. To see how this affects your current buildings please check our blog post[http://www.conanexiles.com]).
Updated vaults, storm and surges!
[Blocked Image: https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steamcommunity/public/images/clans/25298994/60ed945706bc709318ed67f664b8da0eb59e0353.jpg]
These three features used to be closely linked, so that you had to do one after the other. With update 2.3 they can now be enjoyed separately.
The deep vaults, where the remnants of ancient races still dwell, are now all level 60 dungeons and offer great rewards. The horrific storm monsters are still an important source of the mysterious essences required to control the surges, which you can start at any time now even during a Storm. Wild Surges, on the other hand, will no longer appear on the Isle of Siptah, and they will be substituted with a well-known and loved mechanic from the Exiled Lands…
New purges and treasure chamber
[Blocked Image: https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steamcommunity/public/images/clans/25298994/95ec3c6a85b9fdd0e31ab25707dacb1b797e212f.jpg]
Your camps and settlements can from now on be subject to purges, like you know them from the Exiled Lands. Along with the new NPC camps and activities, this can be a resourceful source of thralls to join your armies, if you are successful in defending your base.
You can also use a convergence trap to provoke a purge. This can be quite handy because human attackers can be captured as thralls and their bosses may even drop fragments of power that can be used to enter a chamber within the tower of Siptah, with new challenges and riches.
[Blocked Image: https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steamcommunity/public/images/clans/25298994/a917c03d04bf72b12cbf6eb24f34dbf58b1ae059.jpg]
The combat system in Conan Exiles has been updated and tweaked many times, and this time we are happy to introduce the brand-new sprint attacks! Carry your sprinting momentum forward as you try and hit your opponent.
Each weapon has gotten their own sprint attack so feel free to try out the new improvement. Just start sprinting and activate an attack at the same time. Happy hunting everyone!
New single player offline mode!
[Blocked Image: https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steamcommunity/public/images/clans/25298994/f1908e2946f83d5b538efa6b8c14acb1f8ad0a03.jpg]
Brand new in 2.3 is an official offline mode for PC. If you start the game without a connection, or lose connectivity while playing, you will now be able to continue playing Conan Exiles in single-player. A prompt in the lower right corner of the main menu will tell you if you’re playing in offline mode!
[Blocked Image: https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steamcommunity/public/images/clans/25298994/407af9132ca686c02f99e29e0ea2b6647d0f8431.png]
- Isle of Siptah revamp!
- New NPC camps and points of interest on Siptah!
- New activities: thrall rescuing, altar buffs and much more!
- Vaults rework!
- New loot and items ready to be discovered!
- Purges in the Isle of Siptah!
- New Single-player offline mode!
- New sprinting attacks!
- Bug and exploit fixes!
- …and much, much more!
[Blocked Image: https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steamcommunity/public/images/clans/25298994/8197643fdb539e6e0d3b2c69031b2bafc4ecdc57.png]
[Blocked Image: https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steamcommunity/public/images/clans/25298994/8af59a4d502c44cd64420198de79ea8d6b1e1278.png]
- Optimized trebuchet effects to be less resource-intensive.
- Added a number of engine optimizations.
- Optimized spam in the server logs.
- MODDING: We have adjusted the way that service actors are registered during map load.
- Added debugging cvar to gather data about an issue with NPCs teleporting to 0,0,0 on modded servers while under specific circumstances. If your server is affected by this issue please reach out to our team to help us track down this problem.
- Fixed additional instances where it was possible to attain infinite stamina.
- Fixed additional unicode characters that could be used to spoof invisible names for clans and players.
- A new wave of improvements towards false positives and undetected locations has been added to the anti-undermesh tool. This is still a work in progress tool and currently not safe to be enabled on Isle of Siptah.
- Fixed a number of out-of-boundaries locations where players could build structures.
- Fixed an exploit in regards to avoiding damage over time and death effects.
- Fixed situations where players could attain temporary invincibility.
- Disallowed building inside caves where it was not initially intended.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed logged out characters to become invulnerable and impossible to loot.
- Dozens of new NPC camps and points of interest have been added to the Isle of Siptah.
- Three new factions now control different sections of the Isle of Siptah:
- Stygian Mercenaries: Prince Kraxus and his fleet have made landfall on the north-east side of the island, of strategic and economic importance as a stop off for traders between Argos, Stygia and the Black Kingdoms.
- Black Corsairs: Led by Nkosi the Ashen, the Black Corsairs have landed on the western side of the Isle of Siptah and have begun making preparations for war with the Stygian Mercenaries and their recent dominance.
- The Accursed: Those who were dragged by the devilish magic behind the wild surges, dragged through the outer dark and being exposed to the other world has changed them. They live in the storm and they are unaffected by it. They have made dark pacts with the creatures of the outer void - selling their souls for a life of darkness and death.
- New activities have been added to Siptah camps: you can now rescue thralls from cages, pray in altars to get buffs, looting Scout corpses and graves, bobbing lootcrates, new vendors and lore entries. These and other new secrets are now part of the Isle of Siptah experience.
- The interior of the tower of Siptah is now explorable. What secrets will you find?
- Purges now spawn on Siptah, bringing enemy types exclusive to the island as well as old foes from the Exiled Lands. This replaces the Wild Surge mechanic.
- Vaults have been reworked to be repeatable end-game activities, with new enemy types and variations, and new rewards to make them more compelling for repeated runs.
- New weapons (including orbs with new effects, armor, craftables, new NPCs and artisans, and other rewards are now available on Siptah.
- New rewards have been added to the Library of Esoteric Artifacts on the Exiled Lands.
- Sigils have been reworked and revamped. Instead of providing buffs against Storm enemies, now they provide valuable perks. For instance, Incorruptible will very slowly let your character lose corruption over time. Explore the secrets within Isle of Siptah to discover all the new sigil effects!
- Single-player offline mode has been added to the game.
- Fixed an issue where thermal insulation on Siptah would sometimes not be calculated when building in other locations than the shore.
- It is no longer possible to override the delve bench restrictions by placing an item with maximum durability in the processing queue.
- T3 Alchemist thralls now know the recipe for oil (by mixing bark and ichor, obviously).
- Added 4 new cross-promotional recipes to the Furniture Maker feat. Gotta chop 'em all!
- Changed the recipe requirements for Silent Legion boots to be more consistent with similar recipes: they now require Layered Silk instead of Hardened Leather.
- Items crafted by Priest thralls at religious altars will now get the expected bonuses.
- Fixed an issue where Eldarium weapon recipes wouldn’t disappear after use.
- Added new sprinting attacks to all weapon types.
- Using weapons on a mount should now drain stamina, as originally intended.
- Fixed remaining instances where human NPCs decreased shield durability with their attacks at doubled values.
- Fixed an issue that would cause healing from food items being interrupted while blocking an attack.
- You can now choose a following distance for your follower in the Radial menu, in case you would prefer not to feel their breath on your neck at all times.
- The Giant Spider boss in Skittering Cavern should now spawn regardless of having any buildings above its location.
- Fixed an issue where human NPCs holding a shield would remain stuck in that holding animation.
- NPCs should no longer be able to move before recovering from a knockback.
- Reworked some Vault boss fights, adding directional and stunbreak attacks to all Vault bosses that didn’t have any.
- Fixed an issue that would cause enemies to spawn twice on certain vaults.
- Wraps can be used to heal thralls again.
- Elder Things have had their siege damage removed.
- Fixed a couple of issues that led NPCs would get stuck in Vault 5.
- Fixed an issue where commanding the following thrall to stop would make all active thralls move to its position.
- On Siptah, convergence traps now affect the purge meter and can be used to either fill the purge meter or avoid a purge.
- The Purge is now active on the Isle of Siptah.
- Reduced XP gain from harvesting farm-able items by 50%.
- Reduced XP gain from harvesting coal and resin by 60%.
- Increased XP from completing Journey events by 20%.
- All Vault monsters are now level 60, making it an endgame activity.
- Fragments of Power should no longer drop from the end of Vault Chests. They can now drop as part of rewards for slaying Purge bosses.
- Black Ice in Siptah is now protected by high-level monsters, making its gathering an end-game activity. However, stealth is still an option for those up to the challenge.
- Aloe is no longer needed to craft Rough Wraps.
- Significantly buffed the 50 Vitality perk (from 5HP to 50HP).
- Low-tier Eldarium weapon recipes have been removed. Since Vaults are being rebalanced to level 60, the only Eldarium items to research are the high-tier ones.
- Fixed an issue that caused recipes that used Wood and Shaped Wood to grant more XP than intended.
- Vermin hide boots and pants give +1 to every stat, as intended.
- Added a number of UI QoL optimizations when playing with a gamepad.
- The altar socket no longer spawns while a surge is active, making it easier to loot refund bags from the Focus Altars.
- The Sandstorm effects should now not affect characters in a dungeon.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to unlock the “The Gem in the Tower” achievement in the Exiled Lands.
- Fixed an issue regarding the stamina cost multiplier causing no stamina to be used if it was set to a value lesser than 1.
- The final sigil on a player will now be removed upon death, as intended.
- Wild Surges have been removed from the Isle of Siptah.
- Surges can now be instead summoned manually on a Leyshrine.
- The Storm now deals no damage to structures and spawns no Siege Monsters within by default.
- Pelican heads can now be squished for blood and bones in the press because in Conan Exiles, just like in Norway and parts of Swëdën, the concept of barbarism knows no limits.
- Fixed a number of building-related RCON commands to be functional again.
- Orbs should now bounce off certain surfaces instead of remaining suspended mid-air.
- Added admin console commands to learn feats, forget feats and forget all feats (LearnFeat <ID>, ForgetFeat <ID>, ForgetAllFeats <0/1>).
- Fixed an issue that would make it impossible to unlock the “Obtain a Mount” and “Obtain an Animal Companion” journey steps in the Exiled Lands.
- Some server and player settings would default to initial values after game restart. This has now been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to drop a weapon from the shortcut bar while it was equipped under specific circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong particles were played when hitting certain surfaces.
- The Dynamic Building Damage Period setting should now function properly.
- Changed the default server settings for purge time restrictions to off.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a character to be stuck in rubberbanding upon joining a session while being mounted.
- Fixed an issue where a player character could be stuck in a state unable to sprint after joining a single-player or coop session (listen server).
- Added new server setting to control whether a building intersecting with protected areas is destroyed in its entirety or just the parts that collide with the protected zone. (CampCleanupDestroyFullBuilding=False by default). You can read more about this in our blog post[http://www.conanexiles.com].
- The Journey Step to combine orb effects can no longer be achieved by using a single type orb type.
- Small spiders spawned by the “Spider of Leng” boss are no longer affected by graphical artifacts.
- “AltarModuleActiveTimeMultiplier” server setting will now function properly for Leyshrine Palisades and Walls.
- Added Thrall Cage console commands:
- DC ThrallCage Spawn - Fills all Thrall Cages.
- DC ThrallCage Clear time - despawns Thralls that are inside cages and repopulates them.
- DC ThrallCage Randomize - Randomizes which Thrall Cages have prisoners while obeying the prisoner limit and existing respawn timers.
- DC ThrallCage Reset - Empties all Thrall Cages, resets all respawn timers, and starts naturally spawning in prisoners (may take a minute or two to reach the prisoner limit again).
- The feat book for Eldarium Tools should no longer open a popup window.
- Fixed an issue where it would be possible for the meteors not to spawn on the Isle of Siptah.
- Fixed an issue where buffs provided by armor pieces could persist when quickly swapping items.
- Fixed a visual imperfection around the character’s waist when equipping certain armor items.
- Removed the “Dev-Only” flag from certain items that should be visible and allowed to be spawned by players (41072, 41073, 41074, 92010, 92011, 92012, 92013, 92014, 92186, 92187, 92188, 92189, 92190, 92191, 80911, 80105, 80758, 51072)
- Some chests found in Siptah would have empty contents. This has now been fixed.
- Fixed an environmental Vault puzzle not resetting correctly after the Vault refreshed.
- Meteor spawn locations on the Isle of Siptah were updated to prevent blocking a certain pathway on one of the new camps.
- Adjusted a crocodile spawn point that was too close to one of the camps, interfering with its NPCs.
- Added new animations to Siptah monsters.
- Updated Strength perk descriptions to better reflect their effects on attacks.
- Our #spellchekker team has once more gone out and beyond their duty and/or torture chamber confines to deliver another round of outstanding fixes to typos and grammer mistooks.
- Changed the DLC filtering in the crafting inventory: The None filter will now show only base game recipes. A new All filter has been added to replace the previous None filter and will show all recipes.
- Streamer mode will now hide the unique number from friends list when enabled.
- Focus Altars and Controls from the Elder Constructions feat should now have information about crafting locations.
- Focus Altars’ locations should now appear marked on the map when constructed.
- Added textual information to the active Storm alert in the character stats screen.
- Icons of Dripping Longsword’s Epic versions should now match its in-game model.
- The Siptah Storm buff is no longer visible, as it’s currently obsolete.
- Map markers (including death markers) for characters and followers will now stay locked to “The Tower”’s entrance while they are inside.
- Fixed an error in the Chapter 3 Journey, “Find Civilization”.
- Fixed an error in the thrall rescue notification text.
- Fixed the alignment of the “Tome Restrict Avatar Summoning” server settings in the UI so that they are not overlapping text.
- Tweaked the storm audio on Siptah to make it easier on the ears.
- Improved music loop in the main menu.
- Updated the audio for the Vault 5 gate.
- “Shamalla The Pirate Queen” should no longer have an audible, unintended voice-over, staying mute as originally intended.
- Default brazier sound volume has been reduced.
- We have told the audient void and tweaked a sound cue to prevent the “Nyarlathotep” tentacle loop from getting stuck.
- Fixed an issue where notes with voice over caused subsequent voice overs. Pressing repeat button no longer causes another VO sample to be played.
- Fixed an issue with missing SFX for hammer and 2h axe attacks.
Post release changelog:
We will update this section with any changes applied to the patchnotes and hotfixes released for this update.
2021/03/16 14:30 CETChanged Header and Cover images on the post.