Welcome to the latest official patch notes for Ring of Elysium. Here are the full details:
Pinnacle Challenges are back!
- To give back to everyone's long-term support, we have re-released the [Pinnacle Challenge] event in this update, the ultimate reward of this event is a FREE Season 5 Adventurer Pass that is worth 950 E-Points and an Adventurer Season 4 exclusive portrait!
- Event period: July 28 – August 13, 2019 (Pacific Time)
- Event rules:
- There is a total of 9 Pinnacle Challenges, and we will unlock 3 challenges every 5 days
- Challenge 1-3 unlock date: July 28
- Challenge 4-6 unlock date: August 1
- Challenge 7-9 unlock date: August 6
Complete any 7 out of the 9 Pinnacle challenges during the event period to receive your FREE Season 5 Adventurer Pass!
- Complete the 9th(last) Pinnacle Challenge to receive your Season 4 exclusive portrait! (see below)
- [Blocked Image: https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.ne…096eb805be7bf7247960f.png]
- Made several improvements to the 3D audio spatialization option
- More details about this change from the ROE Audio Team:
- After hundreds of hours of testing, we finally enabled the [indoor reverb] and [sound propagation] effects in the 3D audio feature. After turning on 3D audio, you can now get a spatial audio effect that is much more realistic. This feature currently only works with footsteps and gunfire sounds from third party characters (i.e. everyone except yourself).
- When a player is in a nearby building, the reverberation of the building's sound will reveal that he is inside the building. And if the player was in the same building as you, by [early reflections and reverb], you'd know he was in the same space as you. You can even distinguish whether he's upstairs or downstairs. We also optimized the parameters of [sound obstruction] that when the enemy is obstructed indoors by obstacles, the proportion of the direct sound decreases, and more reflection sounds. These optimizations combined can help you better listen to the sound and identify your enemy's position.
- We've been adjusting to find the balance between 3D audio's on and off status. If you turn off 3D audio, you'll hear the most direct directional sounds. But when 3D audio is turned on, you can clearly perceive whether the enemy is inside of a building or not. Therefore, we highly recommend that you turn on 3D audio so that you can have a clearer indoor/outdoor audio feedback when fighting around buildings. Finally, the audio team sound engineers will continue to work on expanding the spatial audio features to help you have better audio feedback and a more strategic combat experience.
Gameplay / graphics
- Adjusted the opacity for windows, increasing the visual transparency
[Blocked Image: https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.ne…e4abaed8238feef6733c3.png]
Network synchronization and spectating improvements
- Improved the synchronization accuracy for vehicles. Now vehicles can be seen more accurately from the player's point of view or from the spectator's point of view
- Improved the spectating accuracy for ADSing and shooting
- Spectating now shows the spectated target's hitmarks and scope reticles
- Spectating now shows the muzzle fire, smoke grenade throwing effects, and firing effects for bullets
- Optimized the jittering issue when a third-party player jumps and turns
- Fixed an animation error when a third-party player is landing from falls
- Fixed an issue where third-party players' reloading animation didn't play in some cases
Store- Adventurer Tier Boosts
- We have brought the Adventurer Tier Boosts back to the Store in our latest update!
- There are three levels of Adventurer Tier instant boosts (+1, +10 and +20 tiers)
- A few tips:
- Players can purchase adventurer tiers at the Store or through the "Buy Tiers" button under the Adventurer Pass interface
- The +10 and +20 tier options both have discounts compared to purchasing just 1 adventurer tier, the discount is 20% off for +10 tiers, and 30% off for +20 tiers!
- There is no account limit for purchasing adventurer tiers. Newly registered players are able purchase tiers immediately, go straight to tier 100 and unlock all rewards!
- Upon successful purchasing, your adventurer tier will be increased immediately.
- Please pay close attention to your current adventurer tier when purchasing. If your adventurer tier exceeds 100 after purchase, the exceeded tiers will be converted to character level experience points
- Players will not be able to purchase adventurer tiers if they are already at tier 100
Added support for a new graphics card to the DX12 Client Beta testing minimum requirements, the latest requirements are as follows:
- OS: Windows 10.0.10586 (Threshold 2 1511) and above
- RAM: 8GB and above
- Graphics card (Nvidia): GTX 1050Ti, GTX 1060, 1660, 1660Ti, 1070, 1070Ti, 1080, 1080Ti, 2060, 2070, 2080, 2080Ti, GTX 1050, GTX 960, GTX 970, GTX 980, GTX 980Ti, Titan, 965M, 950, 780, 770, 760, 750Ti
- New: GTX 1650
- Graphics card (AMD): RX560 4GB, RX570 8GB, RX580 2048SP 8GB, RX580 8GB, RX590 8GB, RX VEGA56 8GB, RX VEGA64 8GB, RX Radeon VII, RX 550, RX390, RX380, RX370,RX 480, RX 470, RX 460, R9 Nano, HD 7850, HD 7870
- The lobby now shows a countdown timer for the Ashen Eye 3X Exp. bonus starting time and ending time
- Unlocked the third set of Heroic Challenges, available for Adventurer Pass users that are above tier 75
- Enabled Big Joe – Challenge special style, obtainable from the Heroic Challenges
- Fixed a client crash caused by UI and audio elements
- Fixed an issue where players cannot get headshot when reviving a teammate while standing
- Fixed an issue where the screen would flicker when switching scope reticles in the DX9 client
- Fixed an issue where the pre-spawn-selection interface showed “waiting for players” even when all players have loaded in
- Fixed an issue where the Ashen Eye victory UI didn’t show in some cases
- Fixed an issue where M200’s extended magazine didn’t show
- Fixed an issue where the vehicles’ wheels remained for a second after vehicle explosion
- Fixed an issue where appearance application for vehicles was slow
- Fixed an issue where buildings at a far distance were displayed incorrectly
- Fixed an issue where players couldn’t hear vehicle horn sounds occasionally in volcanic ash zones
- Fixed some typos and text length issues
Thanks for playing,
ROE DEV Team